The Host Program is a unique program that connects children with disabilities aged between 0-16 with caring individuals, couples or families on the Northern Beaches. Host carers are volunteers from all walks of life who can offer children a positive experience within their home and local community.
- We careful match each child and their family with a Host that is able to meet their individual needs.
- We take the time to introduce a potential Host to your family to make sure that everyone is comfortable with the arrangement, and that there is a good fit for all involved.
- The Host program offers friendship and fun for your child within a caring Host Family.
- The Host program offers parents of children with a disability regular “time-out”.
- We screen, train and provide support for all Host volunteers.
- Our Host Coordinator provides ongoing support for families and Hosts.
If you are interested in becoming a Host family, or would like to learn more about accessing the Host Program, give us a call today on 8976 2850.
“All we ever wanted was for him to feel accepted, to feel content and to be independent….his Host family contributed to all three in his life.” Ann Marie