NBI believes that people with disabilities should enjoy individual choice, new opportunities, stretched boundaries and connected communities. This is our Vision.
NBI’s purpose is to ensure that people with disabilities and their families are supported and empowered to participate fully in community life.
We do this by providing a range of services including respite, recreation and support, with the aim of:
- Delivering community based services which are responsive to individual and family needs;
- Enabling young people to develop positive social relationships;
- Fostering supportive connections between families and across the community which strengthen families in their caring roles;
- Engaging the wider community so that it is more aware of, and responsive to, the needs of people with a disability and their families; and
- Building meaningful and positive relationships with stakeholders.
Underpinning our work and relationships is a commitment to our five values:
Respect: We value everyone and treat everyone fairly.
Impact: We help to enhance people’s lives.
Fun: We have fun together.
Passion: We are inspired by challenges and strive for excellence.
Forward thinking: We are strong, adaptable and excited about the future.